Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

7.30.2007

San Fran





San Fran has been fun so far. Uncle Ed took Dad and I sailing out in the Bay on Friday. It was really fun. I actually got to steer the boat and everything. It was a lot easier to tack than to run, which suprised me. Peter took me for a ride around the area on Sat. and I was suprised by how easy it was to get away from the city. We were up in the Oakland hills in no time and what views! Yesterday was the 1/2 marathon and I bailed on it. The blisters on my feet prevented me from getting all the miles in that I would have liked to actually enjoy that long of a run so I did the 5K while Peter and Melissa ran the 1/2. They did great - both beating their time goals and still smiling at the end of the day. I managed to set a person best too in my 5k time - funny since I haven't ran since the end of June. Maybe that's the trick.

No comments: