Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

7.13.2007

Cape Disappointment





Cape Disappointment was anything but. The ride more than made up for the lame ride at pacific Beach. I went up 103 to Oysterville and it was the cutest (yes, I said it - I hate that word, but it is an appropriate description) place I've ever seen. And not in that tourist trap kind of way either - I don't think I could have bought anything there even if I had wanted to. In the quaint kind of way. Like sit on the porch in your rocking chair with a cup of tea and watch the sea kind of way. Anyway, more light houses. I checked out Disappointment and North Lighthouses. Apparently there are some serious weather events on this beach - check out the logs wedged between those rocks. It was cool, cloudy, and windy, but luckily not even close to as bad as it could be. The hike up to the lighthouse was neat. I saw several frogs, 2 snakes and 3 or 4 banana slugs. I almost stepped on one of them - oops! that would have been gross.

No comments: