Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

7.11.2007

Olympic Penninsula






I feel like I am in a different country over here on the Olympic Penn. It is so lush and diverse. I am getting so lucky with the weather as well. I went out to Ozette to check out some of the tide pools and the Wildlife Preserves out there. I went on a nice 9 mile loop trail and actually got to see the Pacific! I broke my camera taking this pic. of myself - and it's not even a good picture! A gust of wind came and blew the camera off the rock and it smashed onto the rocks. I cried. Then I started walking down the beach and saw this little fawn and that put a smile on my face. After awhile I decided to try to turn the camera on again and it worked! It looks mangled, but for now it is taking pictures. I went on a road ride yesterday and it was the most boring ride ever! I took a pic of the pretty part, but most of it was just trees, trees, trees and the only views were of logged areas. The foxglove seem to really like the logged areas though. It was nice to see something different than fireweed. I did see some of that too, but not much. Sunset at Pacific Beach was a nice one. I finished my book, a beer and the sun went down all within a minute of each other. Perfect end to a day.

No comments: