Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

7.20.2007

Crate Lake






Crater Lake was something else. It was cold and rainy when I got there, but it did clear off for about 10 minutes between down pours to give us a great rainbow over the lake. This pic doesn't do it justice. It rained all night and as I was floating around in my tent, I just kept thinking - I hope this means tomorrow will be dry. It was! When I started out it was a balmy 48 degrees. I didn't bring tights or leg warmers because I decided before I left that I would not be riding if I needed those things. Guess I was premature in that decision. It was way too pretty to be in the car so I busted out the wool socks, the rubber jacket and all the other warm weather clothes I have with me and off I went, up up into the clouds. Before the top is this sign - I had to post it just for Holly! I didn't get close enough to the edge to test it out. Just peerting over the walls I could tell that the sign was correct - not may, but WILL cause death, or injury that would make death look appealing. Although it wasn't as blue as it is famous for being due to the cloud cover, there were some sun breaks that gave me a peak at what it would be like if it had been really sunny. I also went down to check out the pinnacles, which reminded me a lot of Bryce Canyon in UT. The creek below is a result of one of the leak points that keeps Crater Lake at a fairly consistent level.

No comments: