Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

7.06.2007

Museum of Flight





This evening Holly and I went to the Museum of Flight. I've learned some interesting things while I've been here this time because I kicked off the visit by doing a tour of Boeing. It wasn't nearly the tour that Matt Lauer showed on The Today Show, but interesting non the less. We found out some interesting factoids, such as stewardesses were originally nurses. There was a funny poster too that said "Ladies, please be careful of your language...there may be gentleman present." HA!
I thought this one was a bit sketchy - obviously more about the engineering and novelty than practicality, but since it was "flown" by a cyclist, I had to blog about it. The Gossamer Albatross was a human powered aircraft made of plastic.
Here's an interesting thing about DIA that I didn't realize. The Jeppesen terminal is named after Elrey B. Jeppesen, who was a mail pilot that flew the route from Salt Lake to Cheyenne, the most dangerous at the time. He is known for creating aeronatical charts and aiding in the development in navigational instruments.
After exploring the museum we went downtown to check out art walk, but it was closing up by the time we got there. I wanted some chocolate so we went to Dilettante for dessert. What a treat! I had a piece of chocolate cake and a cappachino and Holly had a slice of raspberry cheesecake. They were so pretty that I had to take a picture.

No comments: