Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

7.26.2007

Highway 1





On the way down the coast yesterdsay I drove down the Avenue of the Giants. It was very impressive and I kept seeing people taking pics of themselves with these trees so I had to do it too. Look at the size of this thing! Redwoods are an interesting and unique tree species.


















I drove down HWY 1 to Santa Rosa because these guys that I talked to in Humboldt said the riding there was really good. They said it was a 2-1/2 hr drive, but it was more like 6. Luckily there were right about the riding though. The drive was spectacular and worth the time.


So these guys that I spoke with told me about Santa Rosa because it was great mtn biking and close to the wine country so I could get a mtn bike ride and a road ride in w/ little driving. They warned me that the mtn biking was rocky though :) Check out this super rocky trail! I was lovin it! Middle ring climbs, smooth, and fast. It was a riot! Today's ride was pretty good too. I went to Napa and road out to Calistoga. Pretty, but I'd have to say I've seen better. So many great rides so far that the competition is pretty steep.
Now I'm in San Fran hanging out with the fam. Peter and I are picking up the Dad and Uncle Ed this evening and we're going sailing tomorrow. Yet antother new adventure - can't wait!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

DUUDE! I rode the 1 when I was out there last spring. Unreal isn't it?! Try and hit Mt Tam if you can, from the Woodland side, so you descend back into Saulsalito. AMAZING.

Take care!
g