Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

7.16.2007

into Oregon





What a fun few days. I met up with Brian in Seaside on Friday and we ended up going to Bagby hotsprings near Hood. It was a mini backpacking trip - just the kind I like. The hot springs were really neat and much more developed than I would imagine hot springs out in the woods to be. There were hollowed out logs that the water could be diverted into. I have added an outdoor, hollowed out log tub to my dream house bathroom, along with the outdoor shower. We found the primo camp spot too- next to this great swim hole. Thanks Brian, for showing me a fun time and a new area!

Now I'm back on the coast and enjoying the ocean. The sunset last night was really pretty, but not in the typical sunset over the ocean kind of way. It was actually a very cool color sunset - the water was an icey blue and the sky way pastel pinks and mostly blues. I went on an incredible ride today. I started off heading south into Newport and visited Yaquiba Head, Oregon's tallest lighthouse. Then I headed east to 229, a very quiet road off of 101 that offered some different scenery. I would highly recommend riding it if ever in the area. It was a roller coaster full of interesting things to look at. The coast in the area of Newport is incredible as well. I made a point of stopping at every scenic pull off and it was rewarding! I saw several Gray whales close to the shore today, and one of them even gave us a bit of a show. The bike route along the coast diverts from 101 as well and offers a lot more views. Tomorrow I plan to go looking for seals.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

See that man wielding an ax...its because of crazy's like that, that I don't camp.

Be careful out there, the wilderness is full of crazy's.

Brian said...

Good to see reputation as axe-wielding crazy man is still alive and kicking...

thanks so much for stopping by and reminding me of the good life. may your roads be paved with wonder...

xoxox