Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

8.09.2007

Yosemite through Death Valley





It was quite the drive from San Fran to Flagstaff. I decided to take the scenic drive through Yosemite since I haven't been there in several yeas. It was even better than I remembered. Ironically I followed a Tioga RV up Tioga Pass - I got a giggle out of that. The guy was driving like a mad man too - he was probably from CO. Anyway, Yosemite was beautiful, but my fear of bears and getting eaten by one drove me down the road. I planned to camp in Death Valley. Yeah - not sure what I was thinking there! I saw this sign that said "Caution - Blowing Dust". I'm no geologist, but I'm sure those blowing particulates were not "dust" - more like sand and rock. Sand was blowing across the highway and it was a cool and refreshing 102 degrees at 7:30 pm. Motel 6 - here I come!

After checking out the Hoover Dam and Lost Wages, I decided to head straight for the hills. Flagstaff is a wonderful place! I've been enjoying the low 80's and great mtn biking. I just realized that the camera is in the car so I'll have to post pics of that later.

No comments: