Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

8.17.2007

Graceland




Today I spent the day at Graceland. What a trip! Come to find out it is the 30th anniversary of Elvis' death so there are thousands (literally) of people here mourning his death. yeah - needless to say I had no idea that this crazy event was happening this week or I might have planned to be here a different week. Although - I must say, it is pretty interesting to be witness and be involved in such an event. I was talking to a lady in line today and she said she made her reservations a year ago! I kind of felt bad because I just rolled into town on a whim and didn't even know this was happening. She looked at me with horror and discust when I told her that. oops - accidental insult. Check out the memorials though. These are just a few that lined the drive and walk. I did laugh out loud when a lady in line told her friend that they remove the ugly ones. hmm, well then.

No comments: