Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

8.13.2007

Don't mess with Texas

I am heading across Texas and it'a HOT! holy cow. It's in the high 90's well after dark. I can't upload any pics this evening because my connection isn't strong enough. Yesterday I checked out Ruidoso, NM. It was a neat little town - kind of Estes Park like but smaller and the mountains weren't nearly as impressive. I went out to ride the race course and it's on BLM land. You know what that means - not a tree over 15' to be found. It was great because I camped out there and last night was the peak of a meteor shower that has been going on for the past few days. It was a clear night so I enjoyed the show. There were a lot of coyotes out there too -they were talking up a storm last night. The riding was pretty good. It reminded me of the book cliffs out in Fruita.

No comments: