Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

3.16.2008

2 new loves



First off, I must say that this week was hell and I have 2 more just like it coming up so come Friday afternoon I was in the world's worst mood. I knew that I'd be working this all day Sunday (or should be, but it's now 1:30 so it looks like it will be a short 6 hr work day) so that made it even worse. My new skies came in the mail on Wed, along with my bindings so by Thurs. they weree mounted and ready to ride. We just had a new storm system move through so it was the perfect conditions to check out the fat boards. I got the G3 Sirens, which are just made for the powder and crud so aound 3:30 on Friday afternoon I said f*#@ it, I'm outta here. Night skiing is $10 right now and there can't be a better way to spend a Friday evening than pounding out a bad mood on a new pair of skies, on a powder day non the less. Let me tell you, I ended up having the time of my life! I ran into a bunch of friends up there so I had a heard of teliers to rip around with for a couple of hours and then Alex showed up and the real fun started. He's a rebel without a cause, most of the time, but Friday night he was on a mission for the best powder runs on the mountain so off a poachin' we went. Tree line, in the dark, uncut powder, new fat skies, in a storm, with a fun companion - WOW!

Yesterday was the Tele Lizard. Of course, it was colder than hell and snowing. We were all out there skiing around in our costumes and freezing, but it was so much fun! I can't wait to do it next year. I even raced my new skies. I wore Gram's suit - it was an awesome costume. I thought polyester would be warmer, but it did not hold up to high winds, blowing snow /ice and low temps. I had so as many layers as a I could under wthe suit, to the point I couldn't bend my arms past 90 degrees and I was afraid to rip the butt out of the pants. Pete said I looked "frumpy" but I think that adds to the costume. I think he looked like a creepy perv with that mullet and hat, esp. when he was skiing around the pony I gave him for his b-day!
ok - better get to work because my neighbor just gave me 2 free tickets to Fences for tonight's performance. Time line...must motivate.

No comments: