Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

6.29.2007

Flathead Lake, MT






Now I am at Flathead Lake in Montana. It is quite beautiful here - and HOT! I thought it would be nice and cool this far north - no way. It's still in the 90's and humid. Another suprise. This is the life though - I'm sitting here in my camp chair with my feet up, blogging, relaxing and enjoying a nice breeze.
So I rolled into the area yeasterday and went up to Kalispell to get an oil change (must keep the Subbie happy!), and to check out the town. It was a hoppin place. I don't know if it's like this all the time or because it's full on tourist season and very close to Glacier, but it was busy busy busy. I was glad to get back down to the lake to relax a bit.
The lake was so blue when I first saw it. It reminded me of Lake Tahoe. Very clear, very blue and BIG. I was shocked when I came over the hill and saw it for the first time. It was completely different today with the cloud cover. Very steely and dark.
When I woke up this am is was cool and cloudy and I was relieved and so was my left arm. It's been getting the blunt of the sun with all the afternon driving I've been doing. I hopped on Eddie the bird killer and went to Finely Point on the south end of the lake. It was a scarey experience. I am glad to me alive. Apparently scenic Highway 35 is a logging route...and loggers don't have brakes and can't turn??? or so it seemed as they buzzed past me at top speed w/o moving so much as an inch. I would get a mirror and motor if I lived here. After the first 5 miles of the 60 mile ride I was looking behind me like a stalked animal and racing for driveway cuts to dive into when I saw one of those trucks coming. Not sure why I didn't just turn right back around and finish my coffee...the things I do so I can eat excessive numbers of cookies. Anyway, there are a lot of cherry orchards along the east side of the lake. It got me thinking about cherries so I had to go get some after my ride. I also saw these little blue flowers in several of the wetland areas. Very dainty little things - I wish I knew what they were. I must say, the ride smelled wonderful. There were all these shrubs with big white flowers. I think they were dogwood but I'm not positive. It was a treat to have such a pleasantly fragrant ride.
I had planned to swim this afternoon but since it was too chilly I decided to make myself a good dinner. I am now suffering from a severe food coma. I had steak, grilled corn on the cob, and grilled mushrooms and red pepper and a salad. Then I went and took a shower because I thought it smelled pretty good while I was cooking it and decided that I probably smelled a lot like it. Hector can only do so much.

No comments: