Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

6.27.2007

Wasatch National Forest






It's been a week since I've had a connection strong enough to actually upload pics so I apologize for the delay.
This has a been a great first week of traveling. After Steamboat I headed out to Park City. It was quite the tourist trap and I was discusted to find out that there was no camping to be found. WHAT?!? It's in the mountains!!! After asking the tourist info lady, with no luck, I decided to stop at the sports store. The lady actually said - "camping - as in a tent???". I got a chuckle out of that and thought that Hammer would too. I was disappointed, but I didn't get to sample Park City's 300+ miles of single track, but I did find a beutiful place to camp along HWY 150 where there were also several trails so I quickly got over it. I found a great place to camp right across a trail called Shingle Creek. It started out great! However, about 2 miles into the 5+ mile climb things changed. It was at that point I took my bike for a hike...It was a beatiful day and so nice to be out on the mountain bike. I had this huge loop planned out but decided that I had better take a short cut because there was no way I could ride most of what I had walked up either. I couldn't tell you where I was, but it had been a logging road at one time and it dumped me out onto a nice gravel road that went down, down, down for miles. I have never been so thankful to see a gravel road.
Tarn and I named the voodoo doll while we were at the Whalers concert. Great time by the way. Tarn thought he was scarey so his name is now Hector the Protector. He's riding shot gun on my adventure. He keeps watch and scares off the bears while I sleep.

No comments: