Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

10.12.2007

job report


I just finished up my first week of work and happy to report that it was a lot of fun. This is the great view from my office - it's kind of distracting :) We had a few deadlines this week so I got to jump right into the thick of it. Interesting projects, two schools and residential redesign, at scales that I haven't worked on in a long time. Next week I"ll start working on a park project and another school project so I am looking forward to grading and getting the brain back into technical mode.
The movers arrived on Tues. and I was glad to see them. I must say though - if ever you hire movers - I would NOT recomment Avalon Van Lines. Horrible experience! Most of my furniture was damaged and things had been "repacked", i.e. boxes dumed into very large boxes so things were completely jumbled and a nightmare of a mess. To make things even more interesting, when the movers got here they told me that a few things had been "mixed up" at the warehouse so they had me on the street going through boxes asking "is this one yours? how about this one?" Needless to say, I am missing quite a few things and I inherited some others. I am just so glad to have a home base though that I am beyond caring at this point. In fact - it's kind of scarey how well I am taking it all - just completely rolling with it, laughing when I find the random stuff and thinking, gee I wonder if I'll find this or that. It's just stuff - it comes and it goes.

No comments: