Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

10.07.2007

inaugural ride


It has been cold and rainy the past few days, but today was a perfect fall day so I took Eddie out to explore a bit. The past few days of cold brought snow to Mt. Ashland and Shasta - bring on the skiing. I discovered that there is a cross country ski area only 15 miles out of town! I rode up there today - what a deal. I went out for a short ride but still got a 9 mile sustained climb in. I back in time to play soccer this afternoon, at which I managed to pull my quad. oops! more stretching next time. I did meet another female cyclist - a mountain biker no less - at soccer tonight. I'm excited to have someone to go mountain biking with.

I start work tomorrow and the movers should be here Tuesday so it's going to be an exciting week. I am looking forward to getting back to work and to sleeping in my bed.

1 comment:

Nicole Horst said...

Heather!! I'm glad you made it and are already meeting friends. That's awesome-- and I'd have to disagree with you though, Grey's sucks this season. I lost my addiction (along with a few others). Can't wait to hear how the job is going! Nicole