Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

10.01.2007

Iowa


Dad and I went back to Iowa this weekend to visit Gram and pick up Mom and Dad's new camper. They are going RVin'. Dad and I got to check it out last night too - we camped in the Wal-mart parking lot. I didn't realize that was allowed but there were a lot of people camping there in Kearney. It wasn't the typical camping trip, but it was the first time I've ever slept in a parking lot outside of a Wal-Mart so in some funny way it was an "adventure".

We had a nice visit with Gram too. It was so nice to spend some one on one time with her. Dad went to get the camper and Gram and I hung out and talked about travels and trips, her adventures with Jessie Hill (her 100 year old friend who passed away last week), etc.

After supper we went for a drive out to the cemetary to see the new angel. It was kind of weird so the Marys thought I should see it. It's small town living - what else can I say. The sunset was beautiful! Earlier in the day we went to the house where Johnny Carson was born. It's right up the street from where Gram lives and it's the big thing that Corning is "famous" for.

No comments: