Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

1.22.2008

team fun



A group of us ventured off to Bachelor for the weekend. We had a great time in the backcounty. The mountain didn't have any new snow so we decided to earn the turns. I wish I could spell the mountain that we climbed, but I can't. oh well. It was a short boot pack - only about 1 mile and it lead to a great bowl. I had a good time on that side, but realized that I am in dire need of some fat skies. The Cascade "powder" is a lot thicker than my old school thin boards have a chance of floating in. Good thing there are a few demo days coming up :) On Sunday I went and checked out the Bachelor Nordic Center because I have heard that it is incredible. I am happy to report that is in fact incredible! It was no Devil's Thumb though and it left me missing the Hammers. I thought of Sharon's perfect form as I glided along. It helped me maintain my composure :)
Off to Portland for the next few days. Rain in the forcast so hopefully that means more snow for the mountain - just in time for the weekend!

No comments: