Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

1.13.2008

great days on the mountain

After 60 hrs of deadline hell, unproductive meetings and too much time in front of the computer, I ended this week with 2 fantastic days skiing. I am so bummed that I didn't take my camera with me, but after bending my driver's license that was in apocket that I crashed on...I decided I better not take it with me. Yesterday was a great day in the back country - heavy, wet snow but it was warm and sunny and great to feel the sun on my face. Today I decided to hit the mountain because I want to make a break through with the poles this year. One of my friends volunteered to help me out - he's a race coach so he picked apart my form and gave me some tips. By the end of the day I was feeling improvements and I am so excited about it! We had a great day on the mountain - it was really fun to have a tour guide at a new place. We skiied all the chutes (most of which I had to cheat and jump turn down hill style because they were way too steep and icey to be dropping a heal - I tried the 1st turn and popped right up and got those edges in as hard as I could.) I scared the crap out of myself on one of them too but the fear was much worse than the reality, thankfully. The best run of the day was off the backside. Perfect spring style snow! Grabby in places but still really carvey. It was an incredible day up there because there was a huge inversion layer over the valley floor so all you could see was the tops of mountains and then a sea of clouds. We stopped half way down the back side and ended up laying in the snow for a good 20 minutes just taking it in. It felt more like an April day than the 2nd weekend of Jan. and it was so nice to feel the sun on my face and snow on my back.

No comments: