Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

1.01.2008

Happy New Year!!!

To end 2007, Pete and I went back country skiing behind Mt. Ashland. It was a perfect day up there - fresh powder turns, good company, and calm weather. To top it all off, we rolled back to the car right at sunset and the color over Shasta was absolutely incredible! Good ridens to 2007.

To kick off 2008, Leah and I went back country skiing again today. I didn't make it far though because I cracked, and then watched in horror, as the toe pice of my binding broke right off. I should have taken a picture of my awesome tape job, but I wasn't thinking about blogging then, just getting back to the car with BOTH skies and 2 ahppy knees. I was able to make a strong enough duck tape toe to get to the top of Mt. Ashland and down the face. Unlike yesterday, we had high winds today. I thought Leah might catch flight when we stopped to take our skins off and prepare for the decent. The ice beating against my face took away any desire to take up mountaineering. Snow is one thing, but pieces of ice really hurt!
I hope that you all havea wonderful 2008 and were able to kick it off doing something that you love!






















No comments: