Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

11.25.2007

Thanksgiving weekend o' fun






What an eventful weekend! We skipped the Medford Turkey trot and went on the Heather Turkey trot trail run in the hills above town. The n we proceeded to eat a ton of food, play games and drink wine until the wee hours of the night. Dave brought Guitar Hero that game rocks! I want a playstation now just for that game.
We all went downtown for the big lighting of the plaza / seeing Santa Clause event. It inspired all of us to get ready for the holidays. Peter and Melissa were off to get a tree today, but I am going to wait until next weekend. A solid month is plenty of festivities and decoration time for me. We went to the Southern OR wine tasting and I was disappointed in the selection, but there were 2 choices that were ok. Then we went to the Brewery with Leah and her brother, who is a jewelry designer. He
designed these fairy ears...no more comment on that.






Peter was a trooper and went riding with me yesterday. It was sooooo cold, but not as cold as CO riding. Def. cold enough that I really wanted to take a nice long hot shower when I got home. To my horror, the shower wasa full of water and so was the toilet...and the water was moving in the wrong direction. Last night was uneventful because we sat around waiting for the plumber to arrive. Apparently there are old clay pipes here too and since he was pulling roots of my shower, I guess the cootonwoods have made their way into the pipe. Not good...



Today I went out mtn biking with the owner of Flywheel Bicylces. He did a great job of fixing up Julie after last weeks brake incident and was nice enough to volunteer to show me yet another amazing local ride. I was suprised he wanted to ride with me since the first thing out of his mouth was "you don't clean your bike do you." what could I say but NOPE! Anyway, we headed out to Applegate Res. It's a great ride - not too much climbing, hardly any technical stuff - just smooth, rippin fast single track that required a lot of peddling. Perfect for a chilly late Nov. ride.

No comments: