Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

12.19.2008

pet projects

We have a pet spider. Her name is Beatrice because we think that name suits a female black widow. Yes, I know you must be thinking - why does Heather have a pet black widow? It's a question that I have been asking myself too. It's because I got to rearrange and decorate the entire house while the boys sat quiet so when Derek wanted to cage one of the many black widows in the house, I went along. At least we can keep tabs on her and she's not roaming the house. A random beattle showed up in the house yesterday so we decided to feed it to Beatrice. It was amazing how fast she wound it up and ate it.
It finally dumped last night. It's a winter wonderland around Ashland. I'm glad I don't have to drive today because there are some serious yahoos on the road. I saw a guy in an F250 going down Vista sideways, that is until he turned all the way around and was sliding backwards. Luckily he used the curb to get himself stopped before smashing into any parked cars.



No comments: