Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

10.26.2008

Emmigrant Lake

I have Cobie for the weekend. He is by far my favorite dog to watch. He was really mopey the first time I watched him and I thought that he must be really mellow. However, every time I watch him he gets a bit more spry. There is no wearing him out this weekend! We walked, we played fetch and his energy level stayed on that same highly elevated plain so off to the lake we went. He played for HOURS! He had a great time and he let me sleep until 8 today. Much better than the 4 am wake up call yesterday...
Leah wanted to show up her favorite juniper tree out by the lake so we walked along the shore and hunted for pertifed wood. Gary founs one good piece of petrified palm tree, which was pretty cool. There is some interesting geology out there. It's one of those places that I wouldn't think of as being interesting because it's kind of a nasty reservoir, but in actuality, it is quite unique.


We were starving yesterday. It was day 6 of the cleanse and we spent several hours talking about sugary good treats. Oddly though, it didn't make me crave them any more than normal though. In fact, in kind me into stubborn mode. I will not be ruled by the chocolate chip cookie!

Big D went HUGE last night. I made lentil soup and he added 4 sausages to it. I was impressed my his stomachs holding capacity. That is a mixing bowl that's he eating out of, by the way. I wish I could eat like that and be as slender. I don't really have much to complain about. I eat fairly well, but it's not like I really have to torture myself with restrictions.





























No comments: