Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

6.06.2008

Saint Theresa's Prayer

I am 3 days away from the exam and I am happy to say that I actually feel prepared for it. It has been the center of my life for the past 8 weeks - my number one priority. This test is supposed to be about public safety and welfare - nothing more and nothing less. Somehow it has taken on much greater meaning. Facing my fear of failure is one of those and the realization that I think this is a reflection on my professional competency, or lack of. I think these thoughts are part of the natural progression of getting liscenced. However, last June this section picked up even more baggage and over the past few weeks I've had some time to reflect on the past year. Last June when I was "preparing" for this exam it was the furthest thing from my mind - an anchor to Denver when I was ready to move on, an escape and a distraction from dealing with the loss of a wonderful new friend and it became a reflection and reality check on what real failure is. A year ago I had no idea where I would end up, but I had faith, the support of my family and friends and the guts to jump. I received this today and it is a wonderful reminder of the journey of the past year.


May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be confident knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us.

No comments: