Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

4.06.2008

Mt. Thielsen

Today Otto and I went up to Mt. Thielson for some "spring" skiing. (to back up, I met Otto last week when I was up at Mt. Ashland. Come to find out, he's on the Hardy Engineering "ski team". We are teamed up with Hardy's civil side on several projects.) I haven't explored much of the back country areas so I was excited to get out of the bubble and see something new. Mt. Thielson is near Diamond Lake, which is only about 2 hrs from Ashland. When we got there I was suprised to find an empty parking lot. We had the entire place to ourselves! It snowed about 4 inches last night and it was cold today so the snow was perfect. As you can see from the pictures, it was a bit foggy (pea soup like) and snowy so the visibility was poor. I wasn't sure how fast I was going or is I was headed up or down, but at least when I fell it was a soft landing. We got one 2 minute bubble of sun which revealed a glimpse of the top, but I wasn't fast enough on getting the camera out to actually get a good picture of it. next time...

The rest of the weekend was fun. It was 1st Friday so Leah and I went out and socialized then a big group of us met out at Tabu and boogied until the wee hours of the night. Yesterday I went on a short ride and did domestic chores in preparation for the big review class in San Fran next weekend. Must pass section C!


























No comments: