Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

11.19.2008

opportunity

I've been hunkering down in my cave lately so no blog postings, etc. Sorry! I would like to report that I am finally a registered Landscape Architect :)! I had my oral interview on Friday. As it turned out, it was nothing more than a technicality. Good thing because I only spent about 2 hrs preparing for it. It's nice to have that over with and I am enjoying the accomplishment.

There have been some other work changes resulting from the ecomony, or should I say what remains of it. I am happy to report that I am still employed, even though it is at a reduced hours work week. I haven't actually worked a short week yet because as soon as I found out that my slackin, vacation lovin life style was going to be financially crimped, I threw out the word that I was looking for other opportunities to make some cash. This town in amazing! In a matter of 2 days I had a side job lined up as a photographers assistant - random!, but fun, and since then other random filler jobs have been trickling in. I have to take this opportunity to thank my parents for instilling in me, good ol' fashion work ethic! It's saving my ass right now :)

No comments: