Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

7.29.2008

RAGBRAI - part 1 Missiouri River

I just spent the past 10 days in IA hanging out on the bike. It was an incredible time. Lauren and I rode out to the Missiouri River to dip our wheels since this is a new thing for us.
There was a lot of entertainment along the way. Elvis was at one of the stops on day one. This guy had placed 5th in some contest for his impersonation. Let me tell ya, this guy was good! I am still on the hunt for the pre bloated from being pilled out Elvis, but this guy brought back some fun road trip memories so I had to break out the Elvis t-shirt that night.
I have never riden with so many people! I realized last night that I was not alone for one moment the entire 10 days. I can't believe I didn't go postal. Anyway, this kind of shows what 10K people looks like. It was like this at all times of the day too. That was the crazy part.
We took over these tiny towns like a swarm of locust. The people were all so friendly and accomidating though. There was water for us, food (LOTS of food! I gained 4 lbs this week eating pork products and home made baked goods), entertainment, etc. The people watching was the best.
Here we are at one of our many lunch breaks. We rode with Glenn and Virgil quite a bit at the beginning of the week. They are great guys that are part of the same cycling club that we all traveled with over the week.

No comments: