Quote of the week

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

5.27.2007

Snickers...the original energy bar

Today was a good day in the saddle. I took the new Eddy out for a 90 mile ride up Golden Gate Canyon to the Peak to Peak Highway and down Coal Creek Canyon. It's a beautiful ride and I got really lucky with the weather and lack of wind! However, the climb back out of Coal Creek Canyon was a bit longer than I remembered...I was hitting the wall hard until I had a random "Snicker's" thought. Luckily there is a gift shop in Wondervu! Thank you gift shop lady for stocking Snicker's just for us riders and making them even better by keeping them in the cooler with the Gatoraid. You are the best! The delicious candy bar got me all the way home - even up the bike path, where I always seem to hit my end.

No comments: